THE GREAT MULTITUDE OF SAINTS. (Homily for November 1, 2016. Feast of All Saints.)

Bible Study:  Revelation 7, 2 to 14. 1st John, 3, 1 to 3 and Matthew 5, 1 to 12.


Happy new month. Wow! Please tell yourself a big congratulations. If you can read this message now, you really need to be happy and rejoice. This year shall end well for you and all your plans shall come to pass in Jesus Name. Amen.

On this first day of the month of November, the Church says we should turn our minds to the millions of men and women who have lived exemplary lives on earth. Men and women who have fulfilled the demands of the Gospel, some of them married, some virgins, some religious, some priests even bishops and popes, some doctors, nurses, accountants, engineers, farmers, school teachers, professors, some even traditional rulers, selfless warriors who fought for justice and right, some models of our indigenous cultures who set up taboos, created myths and stories that kept our past generations in the path of morality. The list is just endless.

Today, there are three questions I would like us to ask ourselves:

FIRST QUESTION: Do I want to be Saint? The answer is either Yes, or No. In truth, our aspirations in life are many but only few persons have a strong desire to become Saints.

SECOND QUESTION: How Can I Be a Saint? Our first reading this morning answers this question. The great multitude are “those who have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the lamb.” Am I washed free from sin?

Jesus also gives us a way out in the Gospel passage when he outlined the beatitudes. Am I making efforts to practice these beatitudes?

QUESTION THREE: How much do I know about the Saints? Compared to my knowledge of celebrities, how many Saints can I give their biographies off-heart? Which Saint is my personal role model?

Let us pray: Lord Jesus, deepen my love for your Saints that I too may aspire to be one. Amen.

Be Happy. Live Positive. Have Faith. It is well with you. God bless you. Happy new month. Welcome to November.


Fr. Abu

No comments:

Post a Comment