The Mustard Seed Size.

Homily for August 12, 2017


In today’s Gospel passage, the disciples of Jesus could not cast out a demon from a boy and when Jesus came, he queried them for having so little faith and then went on to say if only their faith was as big as a mustard seed, they could have been able to do even more than that.

How do I measure the amount of my faith in God? How do I calculate if my faith is big or too little? The answer is by trying to measure the opposite of faith which is: fear. In other words, I would know how big my faith is when I ask myself how big my fears are.

When faced with a challenge, it is either we are scared of or confident about a certain outcome, we are either expecting things to get better or worse, we either trust in the power of God or believe things are not going to improve.

Self-examination of our hearts will reveal if we have the amount of faith needed to move mountains.

Let us pray: Lord Jesus, I believe, help my unbelief. Amen.

*Be Happy. Live Positive. Have Faith. It is well with you. God bless you. (Saturday of the 18th Week in Ordinary Time. Bible Study: Deuteronomy 6:4-13 and Matthew 17:14-20).*


Fr. Abu.

No comments:

Post a Comment